Friday, October 10, 2008

Donate life....



When I was a kiddo I used to see that Ash n Big B promo on tv about eye donation....thats for the first time I learnt about eye donation and what is it.....I even heard my mom saying at times to donate her eyes when the inevitable comes...but down the line and many years, it was all forgotten...the roller coaster world had taken a toll on all of us....but many years later when I was sitting absolutly idle at home and trying hard to make the hours pass by...all of a sudden it struck me again...as if it was like an insight....all those thoughts and I decided to take an initiative...it wasn't at all difficult for me....I mean the decision...it was as if I just have to do it with no second thoughts....the conviction was very strong...I called up 2-3 medical practs and decided to register myself in a hospital close to the nest where I get back after hard dayz work....the counsellor was warm and inviting person who explained to me everything about organ donation and how my family needs to be well aware of my decision. I came back home and my folks had no objections but they just asked me to be sure about myself.....I was and my decision was given the final stamp..... it was a day before my birthday and probably the best gift I gave myself ever....it was a feeling I cannot explain and I'll not even try to...:)

now I proudly carry the donor's card in my wallet...





Life is precious. Too precious, to be lost to an organ failure. But millions have lost their lives when a vital organ failed to function in their body.

Organ and tissue donors leave a miraculous legacy. They are living proof that death can bring life, that sorrow can turn to hope, and that a terrible loss can become the greatest gift of all. Every day they lead us on a journey of hope, renewal, and transformation.

I humbly request to who so ever reading this...go ahead and donate your organs...

Let someone live a life after you are gone.....

Posted by Picasa

No comments: